Firstly, please be assured that the privacy of our website visitors is of utmost importance to us. We collect no personally identifiable information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide that information to us through the registration process. However, for each HTTP request (which is what your web browser generates when you request a page or part of a page from our site) , we collect and store the following information:
- the date and time of the request
- the originating Internet Provider address (IPA)
- the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- the object (page, image, etc) requested
- which pages are visited by the user
This information is summarised and stored in a non-personally identifiable form on our web server and may be kept indefinitely. We use this information to monitor the traffic through our web site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for pages and topics of interest. The aggregated reports are reviewed regularly and form the basis of any improvements that may be made to the web site.
Registration of Users
Some areas of this website require you to register and set up a username and password to access. Any personal information supplied at this point will be retained securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will be held only as long as is required for the purpose it was given.
You are able to make changes to our records of your personal information by amending your registration profile. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information National HLTA Partnership members hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests for this information or any questions or concerns about the storage of your personal details to the through your regional Partnership member. A small administrative fee may be charged to cover any costs incurred.
By providing personal information you are deemed to consent to your personal information being shared outside the National HLTA Partnership in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to share your information to provide the service you have requested (eg to be reimbursed by your local authority or other Government Agency for the cost of providing you with your training or accreditation programme)
- Where we need to send the information to consultants or organisations who work on behalf of National HLTA Partnership to provide a service to you (we will only provide them with the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose)
- Where we are required to do so by law in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our website.
If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit much of this website, but you may be unable to access certain options and services such as downloading programme handouts, company forms or documents.