HLTA National Assessment Partnership
The Regional Providers of Assessment (RPAs) will continue to provide rigorous, high quality external assessment and national moderation of candidates against the HLTA Standards now that the government funding for HLTA assessment has ended.
We believe there is still a large appetite for HLTA status from schools and support staff and that the investment in achieving HLTA status brings significant benefits for children and schools.
The RPAs have formed The HLTA National Assessment Partnership, which will:
- Be a national organisation working together under a transparent Code of Practice, accessible to schools
- Operate locally within Regions to provide HLTA assessment and moderation
- Maintain the national integrity and consistency of the HLTA status
- Ensure that HLTA Status is underpinned by agreed National Standards
- Be governed by a Board, including headteachers, HLTAs and RPAs
- Work closely with schools and academies in the development of serving leaders, including HLTAs, in the training, preparation and assessment of candidates under the auspices of the RPA
- Charge a national assessment fee
- Apply a national assessment process subject to moderation and quality assurance
Cost of assessment and moderation
The nationally agreed HNAP assessment fee is £450 per candidate.
Fees are determined by the Partnership Board that includes representatives of school leaders and HLTAs